I will guide how to create VPS on Google Cloud in a simple way.
VPS is a virtual server, You can use VPS to do many things like installing windows to install games running auto plow, or running Youtube tool …, I will guide you to install VPS to create more WordPress website on Google Cloud. Besides, Google Cloud VPS also supports the installation of additional free SSL certificates for your website. This article is in the series of tutorials about google cloud, if anything, please comment below please help me.
First when starting with google cloud you must have a google account and a visa card with more than 1 $, newly created google account will not register Google Cloud and get 300 $ free, You use the old account (used on 6 months) to register.
In the previous article, I have guided to install a simple wordpress website on google Cloud. You can review the 1-year high-speed wordpress installation for $ 300 for free. If you have missed installing wordpress that way then you can completely delete and reinstall VPS in the following way to use many websites.
Create VPS in Google Cloud
After doing the steps in registering in Google Cloud, the screen will show the image as below, select “GO TO CONSOLE” to access the management of google cloud.
Next, go to the “Computer Engine” section and select “VM instances” to access the VPS server part.
We choose “CREATE INSTANCE” to add 1 new VPS, here I have created 1 vps, so below I have the name “FPTTELECOM”,
In this section we set some basic parameters of VPS similar when setting wordpress in the previous article.
- The name of the VPS you want to create, note that it must be written immediately and must not be marked. This name is only meant for management on Google Cloud so you can set it to your liking.
- Zone is your VPS server location, we should choose the location is Southeast Asia “asia-east1-a”.
- Select the configuration of VPS: if you want to change the proposed configuration, select “Custonmize”, note that if you choose the higher configuration, the higher the monthly cost, the faster it will cost you $ 300.
- Choose the appropriate operating system for VPS: I recommend selecting “CoretOS 7” to match the settings below, but if you already know, choose which one is up to you, select “Change” to change the system You choose the type of hard drive is SSD and 10G capacity (10G is the free limit of Google Cloud, over 10 will increase the money)
- This is the cost each month to pay for Google Cloud VPS with the selected configuration, after the end of 300 $ free or 365 days of use, it must continue to renew, depending on which conditions come first, so you need to weigh Prompt to choose the configuration that is suitable for your existing cost to optimize your usage (about $ 25 / month is ok).
- This part is left to default: D
- Next, select the appropriate HTTP and HTTPS protocols.
To sufficiently $ 300 for 1 year, you should choose VPS configuration: 1 vCPU – 2G memory – SSD – 20G is beautiful ($ 24.9 / month). Finally, when we have determined and selected all the basic settings of 1 VPS then we choose “Create” to start creating, the process will lose 1p range.
Install VPS on Google Cloud to manage with VPSSIM software
After creating a new VPS will have a private IP address, we need to set up a setting number in VPS to administer VPS by SSH remotely (SSH understands simply 1 software that controls VPS through commands).
We select “Open in browser window” to set up, here will open a new window.
The browser window appears as shown below. To manage VPS we have to manipulate the command line on this browser (delete, edit, install the application …), however it will make it difficult for you are new so you should install some commands below to use the 3rd software VPSSIM name to manage VPS more easily.
We will type a number of commands as follows:
First, change the root password of the VPS, with the command “sudo passwd root” and enter, the system will notify you to enter a new password and enter to confirm the password, you should note when entering the password on this window. there will be no ******* characters as usual, so for everyone when they first do it, they will not think they can be imported, do not care about that, just enter the password as usual and type enter To re-enter the confirmation password, after entering, type enter next, if the text appears as shown below, it is successful to change the password, but if it is not, please enter it again.
Next we install nano to edit some other things in VPS. Type the command “sudo yum install nano -y” and then enter, the system will install nano, we just wait, the process takes about 1p. After installation is complete, the word “Complete” will be displayed.
After installing nano, type the command “sudo nano / etc / ssh / sshd_config” and enter to edit the parameters in the sshd_config file.
Move up and down arrow Edit two lines:
- PermitRootLogin no becomes PermitRootLogin yes
- PasswordAuthentication no becomes PasswordAuthentication yes
- Press Ctrl + O and enter to save
- Press Ctrl + X to close the edit window.
This is an installation that agrees to use the 3rd software to access VPS to administer the password you created above.
Finally, we type “reboot” command to restart VPS, we re-enter the root password changed above to confirm restarting VPS
We continue to select “Reconnect” to complete the VPS startup process.
If you can do this step, it is possible to create VPS on Google Cloud and install successfully to manage VPS with 3rd software via SSH. If the error system fails to restart or the password is incorrect, you have made a wrong step. Don’t worry VPS on Google Cloud is like a folder on your computer. You can delete / re-create at any time.
In the next post, I will guide you to install VPSSIM and use remote SSH software to manage VPS google cloud. Use VPSSIM to install many wordpress on VPS.
Thank you for watching. Please click ads for help me.